Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Sunset Clouds

It's been a while since I've had chance to update this blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been snapping the odd picture when time - and, of course, the sky - has permitted. I've finally gotten around to transferring some of them off my camera, and will post them here over the next few days.

This dramatic, and slightly angry-looking, bunch of heavy rain clouds is backlit by the setting sun. For some reason, I could imagine them as a fitting backdrop for a climactic battle in some long-drawn-out war, or other similarly portentous event.

Click to enlarge
The picture was taken at sunset, sometime during the summer of 2012 - unfortunately, I didn't keep sufficiently good records to know exactly when. Note to self - set the date and time correctly on camera!