Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Dark Clouds

Dark clouds, blue sky and a silver lining - who could ask for more from a picture of clouds in the sky? Well, I for one could have asked for an unobstructed view of this spectacular late afternoon cloud formation, but it wasn't to be. My field of vision was particularly narrow, with trees and tall buildings obscuring my view of the sky on either side, and it was all I could do to limit intrusion to a few leaves and branches in the lower corners of this cloud picture.

Click to enlarge
The unwanted foreground objects aren't attractive, and I nearly didn't post this cloud pic because of them. But, on second thoughts, I decided that the towering peaks of dark cloud, outlined in gleaming silver against a sliver of blue sky, almost made up for their presence.

PP