Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

Pictures Of The Sky


How often do you look at the sky? I mean really look at it, not just cast a quick glance upwards as you wonder whether it's going to rain (or stop raining!) later?

Probably not very often. But you should! The sky is a beautiful, ever changing canvas where nature paints breathtaking pictures without end. From sunsets to clouds, this daily display of natural beauty wheels above us, so magnificent yet so often ignored.

Here, I have posted a few pictures of the sky I have taken, more or less at random and as the mood and opportunity have arisen. I'm no great photographer, and there will probably be more cloud pictures than one might reasonably expect, but hey, I like pictures of clouds :-)

Click to enlarge
I will try to add a little variety as I go along - maybe some skyline pictures, the odd sunset image, perhaps some contrails. The choice is endless, and with any luck my photographic skills will improve as I post more sky pics.

PP.