Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Ghost Cloud

Another lightweight cloud picture, featuring delicate wisps and whorls of vapour instead of the mountainous peaks of yesterday's post - the sky is nothing if not full of variety! At first glance, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly unusual about this cloud image, but on closer inspection several interesting, if fanciful features leapt out at me.

Click to enlarge
Pictures in the clouds are, of course, an optical illusion, but they're still fun! The more I looked at this cloud pic, the more I seemed to see a couple of ghostly figures, one with their arms outstretched and head thrown back, the other looking on. I haven't spoken to anyone else who can "see" them, but, for me, they set this image apart from the others I snapped today, and decided which one would be posted here.

PP